BECU will give both participants a $100 bonus when a current member refers a new member who opens Member Share savings and checking accounts with qualifying activities.
BECU is headquartered in Tukwila, Washington, with over 45 financial centers in the Puget Sound Region.
If you are a current BECU member, please feel free to post your contact information in the below comments section, so that you can share referrals with potential new members.
Membership in BECU
You’re eligible to join BECU if any of the following apply to you:
- Attend school in Washington state.
- BECU employee.
- Boeing employee.
- Boeing subsidiary employee.
- Former Boeing employee.
- Live in Washington state.
- Museum of Flight employee.
- Work in Washington state.
- Worship in Washington state.
- Family member of the above.
BECU $100 Refer A Friend Bonuses
If you are a current BECU member, simply recommend BECU to a friend, and you’ll each get $100 when they open Member Share savings and checking accounts, and meet the active account requirement.
You can earn up to 5 referral bonuses for a total of $500 for you, and give $100 as a welcome bonus to up to 5 friends who qualify.
Current members should have received a unique referral code by email, which you can share with your friends and family.
New members must provide the promo code as well as a current member’s unique referral code when joining BECU and opening your accounts in order to qualify.
Check out this BECU Referral Page for the full details of this offer.
How To Earn $100 New BECU Member Bonus
1. You can either join in person at any BECU branch location or join via the online application form.
If you’re joining in-branch, you must visit any BECU location and bring promo code 100REF16 and the unique referral code of the referrer with you.
If you’re joining online, you must enter promo code 100REF16 during the online application process, and after your membership is established online, you must then call 1-206-439-5700 within 7 days to provide your member-friend’s unique referral code (it’s in their email).
2. You must open Member Share savings and checking accounts and meet the active account requirement.
3. You’ll get $100 and so will the member who referred you.
Active Account Requirements for $100 Bonus
To meet the requirements, you must have an active checking account with 5 or more qualifying transactions in a rolling month OR deposit transactions of $500 or more in a rolling month.
The active account (utilization) requirement must be met within 60 days.
5+ Qualifying Transactions Include:
- Checking Transaction
- POS Withdrawal
- International ACH Withdrawal
- ATM Transfer debit
- Electronic Check
- ATM Withdrawal
- External Withdrawal
$500+ Qualifying Deposits Include:
- External Deposit
- ATM Deposit
- ATM Transfer credit
- New Account Deposit
- International ACH Transaction Deposit
BECU Referral Details
- Referring members must be 18 years and older.
- Referred member may not be an existing member and must be age 18 and older.
- Must be eligible to establish membership and maintain a Member Share Savings Account and open a checking account using the unique referral and promo codes and meet the utilization requirements.
- Accounts must remain open for 60 days or more.
- New member and referring member will receive the $100 bonus deposit to the Member Share savings account within 60 days of opening qualifying accounts and will be reported as interest income to the IRS on IRS Form 1099-INT at year-end.
- Limited to the first 5 qualifying members referred.
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers.
- BECU is not required to pay the promotional incentive for accounts opened without the appropriate Promo Code and Referral Code.
- Offer expires October 14, 2016.
Take advantage of this $100 referral bonus from BECU for both new and current members.