The Chase Premier Plus Checking Account offers extra benefits and services if you need more than a basic checking account.
Plus, you can Get $ 300 When You Open a New Chase Premier Plus Checking Account and set up a direct deposit.
Chase Premier Plus Checking Account Review
The Chase Premier Plus Checking Account provides all of the benefits of the Chase Total Checking Account, plus added features like access to various services with no extra fees and earning interest on your deposits.
However, the Chase Premier Plus Checking Account does require an average daily balance of $ 15,000 or more in combined deposits and investments, OR automatic payments to your linked Chase First Mortgage from your Chase account, in order to avoid the $ 25 monthly service fee.
So if you don’t plan to use all of the added benefits, like free personal checks, a free safe deposit box, free money orders, and more, then you may wish to consider an alternative account with easier Ways To Avoid Chase Banking Fees.
Benefits of Chase Premier Plus Checking Account
- $ 25 minimum deposit to open.
- Earn interest on balance (0.01% effective as of 9/18/17). Interest rates are variable and subject to change.
- No Chase Fee on 4 non-Chase ATM transactions each statement period.
- No fee for Counter Checks, Money Orders, and Cashier’s Checks.
- No fee for Chase design checks or a 50% discount on other personal style checks when ordered through Chase.
- No annual fee for 3″ x 5″ Safe Deposit Box or smaller (20% discount on larger sizes).
- No monthly service fee on 2 additional linked Chase Premier Plus Checking Accounts.
- No monthly service fee on any linked personal Chase Savings℠ Accounts and Chase Liquid Cards.
- Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches.
- Chase Debit Card with chip technology.
- Chase Online Banking and Online Bill Pay.
- Chase Mobile banking.
- Account Alerts.
Avoid Monthly Fees for Chase Premier Plus Checking Account
There are 3 different ways to avoid the $ 25 monthly maintenance fee for Chase Premier Plus Checking (you need to do 1 of these):
1. Maintain an average daily balance of $ 15,000 or more in qualifying linked deposits and/or investments.
Qualifying personal deposits include: this checking account and up to 2 personal Chase checking accounts (excluding Chase Premier Platinum Checking and Chase Private Client Checking); personal Chase savings accounts (excluding Chase Private Client Savings), Chase Liquid Cards, CDs, certain Chase Retirement CDs, or certain Chase Retirement Money Market Accounts (balances in Chase Money Purchase Pension and Profit Sharing Plans do not qualify).
Qualifying investments include: prior end of month balances for Chase investment accounts, certain retirement plan investment balances (investment balances in Chase Money Purchase Pension and Profit Sharing Plans do not qualify), JPMorgan Funds accounts, annuity products (annuities made available through Chase Insurance Agency, Inc. (CIA) and Chase Insurance Agency Services, Inc.), and personal trust accounts.
2. Set up automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase first mortgage from your Chase account.
Automatic payments are when you authorize Chase Mortgage to automatically deduct payment each month from your Chase account. Payments that you set up through Online Bill Pay will not be included.
3. The Chase Military Banking Program gives active military and veterans a Chase Premier Plus Checking Account with no monthly service fee and no minimum balance requirements.
Chase Premier Plus Checking Account Summary
If you need some of the additional benefits that the Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Account from Chase Bank provides, and you can avoid the monthly fee, then this may be the right account for you.
One of the conveniences of banking with a big national bank like Chase is that there are many branch locations and ATMs available.
Chase Bank has over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches, so you’ll usually be able to easily access your bank account, wherever you may be traveling for business or pleasure.
It’s free to use a Chase ATM to complete any transaction, and if you can’t find a Chase ATM nearby, you will pay no fees for the first 4 inquiries, transfers, or withdrawals each statement period at non-Chase ATMs, although fees from the ATM owner may still apply.
Another convenience of Chase Bank is the array of online banking services that are available, which you don’t always find with more local or smaller banks.
You can complete almost any transaction that you want, such as account-to-account transfers, via the Chase online banking portal.
You can even use Chase QuickPay to send money to your friends without paying any transfer fees, even if they don’t have a Chase Bank account.
I have personally always found Chase customer service to be very responsive, and they’ve even waived certain interest charges for me in the past on my credit card account, even though it was my fault that they were incurred.
If you decide to open an account, just remember that you’ll need to present your coupon in-branch at account opening to qualify for your bonus (in the past, you have been able to Enter Your Chase Promotional Code Online as well).
Check out the Chase Premier Plus Checking Account if you need additional banking services and benefits to suit your needs.