DFCU Financial (Dearborn Federal Credit Union) serving Michigan’s Lower Peninsula offers a $50 new checking account bonus, $50 referral rewards, and a $50 cash back program every year.
DFCU Financial is headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, with 26 full-service branches in the Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and Lansing areas.
If you live, work, worship, or attend school in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, you are eligible to become a DFCU Financial member.
Membership requires a share savings account with a $5 minimum deposit.
To open a checking account, you will need to fund it with at least $20.
DFCU $50 New Checking Account Promotion
1. Visit this DFCU $50 New Checking Link and complete the online registration form.
2. Open a new checking account and complete the following requirements within 90 days after account opening:
- Make 2 direct deposits of $100 or more, AND
- Make 5 check card transactions (PIN or Signature).
3. Allow from 4 to 6 weeks after completing the requirements for delivery of your $50 Visa Rewards Card.
This offer is not available if you already have a DFCU Financial Checking account.
DFCU Financial Refer A Friend Program $50 Rewards
Register on the DFCU ReferLive page to share referrals with your friends and family.
Once your referral registers, opens a new checking account, and completes the requirements within 90 days after account opening, you will both receive a $50 Visa Reward Card.
You can earn up to $500 in Visa Reward Cards from referring new members.
DFCU Financial Cash Back Program $50 Bonus Per Year
The Cash Back Program provides borrowers and savers with a $50 bonus each year.
Each January, DFCU Financial will deposit $50 Cash Back into the accounts of qualified members based on your average yearly loan and deposit balances from the prior year.
Cash Back Eligibility
- Ages 26 and over: Must have an average yearly loan and deposit balance of $5,000.
- Ages 18-25: Must have an average yearly loan and deposit balance of $1,000.
- Ages 0-17: Must have an average yearly loan and deposit balance of $100.
Qualifying Deposit Balances
- Certificates of Deposit Amount.
- Savings Amount.
- Checking Amount.
- Non-Investment IRAs Amount.
Qualifying Loan Balances:
- Mortgage Amount.
- Auto Loan Amount.
- Home Equity Amount.
- Credit Cards Amount.
- Other Loans Amount.
Cash Back eligibility is determined by a person’s age as of December 31st of the prior year.
To receive $50 Cash Back, you must be a member on the Cash Back deposit date.
The estimated Cash Back amount is calculated based on the Cash Back criteria and 1 full calendar year of relationship with DFCU Financial beginning in January.
If you begin your relationship during any other month of the year, the amount will be different.
While the DFCU Financial Board of Directors intends to pay Cash Back every year, and has done so since 2006, Cash Back is not guaranteed and will depend on our financial performance and other factors.
DFCU Financial Free Checking Account
If you are looking for a basic, free checking account, then consider Free Checking from DFCU Financial.
- Overdraft protection.
- No minimum balance fee.
- 0.25% loan rate reduction on select loans with automatic payment.
- 24/7 account access.
- Access to 1,700 fee-free ATMs in Michigan and 30,000 nationwide.
- Eligible for Cash Back.
Residents of Michigan may also be interested in this United Federal Credit Union Promotion for more new account bonuses.