The Fifth Third TRIO Credit Card has a $ 100 bonus offer available when you spend $ 1,000 on purchases within 90 days of account opening.
Plus, you can earn 3% cash back at Restaurants and 2% cash back on Gas, Groceries and Drug Stores for up to $ 1,500 per quarter in these combined purchase categories.
You’ll also earn 1% cash back on all other purchases with no annual fee.
You must live in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia or live within 50 miles of a branch in order to open a credit card account with Fifth Third Bank.
Fifth Third Bank TRIO Credit Card $ 100 Promotion
You’ll earn 10,000 Real Life Rewards Points when you spend $ 1,000 in purchases within 90 days of account opening, which is redeemable for a $ 100 cash back reward.
This Promotional Offer is available for accounts opened online, in-branch, or by telephone.
Within 6 to 8 weeks after reaching the $ 1,000 purchase qualification, you will receive your 10,000 Real Life Rewards Points, as long as your account remains open and in good standing.
The 10,000 points are equal to a $ 100 reward that can be redeemed as a statement credit to your credit card account as well as for cash in the form of a check or deposits into your Fifth Third Checking ($ 200 Bonus) or Savings accounts.
This offer is not available to existing Fifth Third consumer credit card customers or those with a Fifth Third consumer credit card account that has been closed within the last 12 months prior to account opening.
Features of Fifth Third TRIO Credit Card
- Earn 10,000 Real Life Rewards Points after $ 1,000 in Purchases within 90 Days of Account Opening – Redeemable for a $ 100 Reward as Cash or Bank Account Deposits.
- Earn 3% cash back rewards at restaurants and 2% cash back rewards on gas and at grocery and drug stores, up to $ 1,500 spend per quarter in these combined purchase categories,
- Earn a full 1% cash back for every $ 1 spent on all other purchases.
- 0% Introductory APR on Balance Transfers for the first 12 billing cycles after the account is opened. After that, your variable APR will be 14.49% to 23.49% based on your creditworthiness.
- No international transaction fees on credit purchases.
- No Annual Fee.
- Cellular Phone Protection against Damage and Theft.
- Additional TRIO Benefits including: Price Protection, Extended Warranty, MasterCard Travel Services, and More.
10% Bonus on Goal Setter and 529 Savings Account Redemptions
Redemptions of your Real Life Rewards Points that are made as a deposit into a Goal Setter or 529 Savings Account will receive up to a 10% cash value bonus.
So if you redeem your $ 100 bonus reward into a Goal Setter or 529 Savings Account from Fifth Third Bank, then you will actually receive $ 110 in total rewards instead of only $ 100.
The Goal Setter or 529 Savings Account deposit bonus will be awarded per customer on only the first $ 250 redeemed in a calendar year.
This is one of the few Fifth Third Bank credit card bonuses that I’ve seen in a long time, and it’s a good opportunity to earn a $ 100 bonus and get 3% cash back rewards at restaurants and 2% cash back rewards on gas and at grocery and drug stores.
However, the Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases, and the Citi Double Cash Card offers 2% cash back on all purchases, so there are other good options available for earning cash rebates on credit card purchases as well.