The Meridian Trust Visa Platinum Credit Card is providing 5 times the rewards points on purchases made from now through March 31, 2017, plus you can earn an extra $ 100 bonus credit on your first purchase for any amount.
Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union has branches in Nebraska and Wyoming with membership available to select individuals in those states, but Military Personnel throughout the U.S.A. can also qualify for membership, making this offer nationally available if you are active or retired military.
Meridian Trust FCU Membership Field
- Employees and Retirees of the State of Wyoming, including the University of Wyoming and Wyoming Department of Transportation.
- Military personnel – Active and Retired.
- Employees of all Wyoming public schools and School Districts.
- Employees of any of our current Select Employee Groups (SEG).
- People who live, work, worship, or attend school in Carbon, Fremont, Sweetwater, and Uinta counties.
- People who live, work, worship, or attend school in Cheyenne Census Tracts 2, 3, 4.02, 7, 10, and 11. These areas cover much of Cheyenne.
- People who live, work, worship, or attend school in Scotts Bluff County (Scottsbluff and its neighboring area) in Nebraska, Census Tracts 9531, 9535, 9536, and 9537 and Goshen County (Torrington and its neighboring area) in Wyoming, Census Tract 9577, 9578, and 9580.
- Businesses and other legal entities located within these areas are also eligible.
- Plus, you can join if you, or an immediate family member, belong to, work for, or are retired from any of the employers and organizations listed above.
Meridian Trust Visa Platinum Credit Card
Both new and current Meridian Trust members can apply for this Meridian Trust Credit Card online, at your nearest branch, or by telephone (age 18 or older, membership and credit qualification required).
- To receive your $ 100 bonus credit, you must apply for the card, be approved, activate, and use the card all before March 31, 2017. The $ 100 will appear on your credit card statement as a credit.
- All Platinum cardholders will earn 5 times the rewards points on purchases made from now through March 31, 2017 (effective April 1, 2017, purchases earn 1 times the points).
- Rewards include your choice of Cash, Gift Certificates and Gift Cards, and Travel Rewards.
- Points expire 36 months after the purchase date, if not redeemed.
- The Platinum Rewards Card has No Annual Fee, No Balance Transfer Fees, and Low Rates.
Although the 1 point per $ 1 earning rate that you’ll receive after the initial 5 times points offer is not the highest rewards credit card around, this could still be a good option if you want to take advantage of the $ 100 bonus after your first purchase of any amount, especially if you live within their service areas in Nebraska and Wyoming and want to start a relationship with Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union.
Plus, the Meridian Trust Platinum Credit Card has no balance transfer fees and low rates, so it could be an option to help you pay down your credit card debt while avoiding higher interest rates (it looks like a balance transfer would qualify you for the $ 100 bonus as well).
If you are looking to pay off your credit card debit, you may also consider this Ascend FCU Credit Card with a special offer on balance transfers.