SAFE 2 SAVE is a free app that rewards you for driving safely and undistracted by text messages or emails in an effort to change people’s behavior and save lives on the road.
You simply download the free SAFE 2 SAVE app for iOS or Android to earn points when you drive undistracted, which you can then redeem for rewards from nearby restaurants and businesses (mainly in Texas at this time).
You will earn 2 points for every minute of safe driving, starting at 15 mph or above, in which you do not check your text messages or emails, which is equal to 60 points for every half hour of safe driving time.
You can then collect points throughout your commute each day and redeem points for rewards at local restaurants and businesses including Dairy Queen, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, McDonald’s, Jersey Mike’s Subs and many more (in Texas) along with a few select online retailers (available nationwide).
For example, 700 points gets you a free McDonald’s Big Mac (5.8 hours of drive time), 300 points get you a free Chick-fil-A Sandwich (2.5 hours of drive time), and 3,000 points gets you 1 free Papa John’s Medium 1-Topping Pizza (25 hours of drive time).
Even if you don’t drive that often, in which case you may wish to save money on car insurance with a Metromile Pay-Per-Mile Insurance Plan, you can still use SAFE 2 SAVE to help improve your driving safety and keep you from distracted driving.
SAFE 2 SAVE Currently Best to Use in Texas
Please note that the reward redemption options are mainly available at select local restaurants and businesses in Texas at this time, and they do not have a lot of nationwide redemption options available for now.
Unfortunately, the current downside to SAFE 2 SAVE is that the bulk of their rewards redemption options are local restaurants and business in Texas, and although they do offer a few online retailer options, they are not widely useful retailers that most people will want to use.
SAFE 2 SAVE is expanding as quickly as possible and has plans to add more online retailer options in the future, but at this point, unless you live in Texas, the points that you earn won’t really be that useful to you, except for the extra effort to drive safely that will be required to earn the points themselves.
However, you could start building your points up now in the hopes that SAFE 2 SAVE will expand its online retailer rewards soon and start to offer more nationwide rewards options.
How SAFE 2 SAVE Works
1. Download the free SAFE 2 SAVE App for iOS or Android and create your account (please enter Referral Code mLMbEy during registration to help me earn some extra points).
2. Open the SAFE 2 SAVE App whenever you drive and silence your phone to avoid distractions.
3. Earn 2 points per minute for undistracted driving when you reach 15 mph or more.
4. If you try to exit the app while driving, a message will appear to remind you to stay undistracted and ignore your text messages or emails until later.
5. You’ll continue to earn points while you use maps, stream music, make and receive calls, and use Bluetooth, just as long as you don’t drive distracted by texting or emailing.
6. You can then redeem your points for rewards at local restaurants and businesses as well as select online retailers.
7. After you redeem a reward, you just have to let the cashier or wait staff click the “Cashier Accept” button in order to receive your offer.
8. You can also earn bonus referral points when you invite friends and family to drive undistracted with SAFE 2 SAVE.
SAFE 2 SAVE Referral Program
You can earn bonus points when you refer your friends to participate in SAFE 2 SAVE and drive undistracted.
You’ll earn 300 points when you refer SAFE 2 SAVE to a friend via a text message, which requires that your friend enters your referral code during their account registration.
You’ll earn 100 points when you refer SAFE 2 SAVE to a friend via Facebook, which only requires the act of sharing itself.
Basically, if your friend registers for SAFE 2 SAVE using your referral code, you’ll get 300 points, but if you just send out a message on Facebook to your friends, you’ll only get 100 points, although none of your friends have to actually create a SAFE 2 SAVE account for you to get your Facebook share points.
Unfortunately, the people that you refer do not receive any bonus points or incentive for using your referral code during registration, as only the referrer will receive bonus points from SAFE 2 SAVE.
Download the SAFE 2 SAVE app that rewards you for safe driving to help change your attitude and behavior toward distracted driving.
You may also be interested in the MileUp App for more ways to track your driving behavior.