The TNStars College Savings 529 Program will give Tennessee residents up to $375 in bonus incentives, plus you can earn up to $500 in matching funds per year for up to a $1,500 lifetime benefit per child.
The TNStars College Savings 529 Program is open to residents who do not reside in the state of Tennessee, but the bonus incentives to enroll in the program and to rollover funds into the program are not be available for account owners who do not reside in Tennessee.
The TNStars College Savings 529 Program is Tennessee’s own 529 program, which offers parents and other relatives a low-cost way to save for children’s college expenses with attractive investment options and special tax advantages.
$375 in Bonus Incentives for TNStars College Savings 529 Program
- $100 Bonus – Get a $100 match for your initial contribution of at least $100 ($100 minimum contribution), effective April 1st to June 30, 2015.
- $100 Bonus – Get $100 for transferring an entire account balance from another 529 plan.
- $50 Bonus – Get $50 for beginning an automatic contribution from a checking or savings account once the automatic contribution reaches $50, effective April 1st to June 30, 2015.
- $25 Bonus – Get $25 when you complete the online interactive guide for beneficiaries under 1 year of age.
- $100 Bonus – Get a $100 match when you begin an automatic contribution once the automatic contribution reaches $200 for beneficiaries under 1 year of age.
Check out this TNStars Special Incentives Page for more details about these offers.
If your beneficiary is under 1 year of age, then you can also review this TNStars Baby Page for additional information.
$500 in Matching Funds for TNStars TIPS Program
You can get a $500 match for your $125 contribution for your child with the TNStars TIPS Program in addition to the $375 in bonus incentives listed above.
There are income qualifications for these matching funds, and the program is limited to the first 2,000 applicants.
You must be a TNStars participant or open a TNStars account to apply for TIPS.
There is a $25 minimum to open an account.
You can receive up to a $500 match per year per child, and up to a $1,500 lifetime benefit per child.
Check out these TIPS Program Benefits for additional details
Tennessee residents may be eligible for up to a combined $875 in various incentives, so take advantage of these college savings programs today.