Amazon.com has introduced a new Amazon Prime Referral Program that allows any Amazon customer to earn a $5 credit when you refer your friends to join Amazon Prime.
When your friends Join Amazon Prime and make a $5 purchase, you’ll get a $5 credit toward your next Amazon purchase.
Plus, your referrals can participate in the 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime before joining, so they have some time to review the Prime benefits before deciding to pay the $99 annual membership fee.
I just found this offer while purchasing a Prime-eligible product on Amazon.com, so I’m not sure if it is only being targeted to select customers, but it looks like anyone with an Amazon.com account should be able to participate.
All Amazon customers can invite friends to join Amazon Prime, as you don’t have to be an Amazon Prime member in order to participate.
You can share Amazon Prime Referrals via the email form or Facebook posts that you can access within your Amazon.com account.
In order to qualify for the $5 credit, the new Prime member that you refer must make a $5 purchase after they join Amazon Prime through your referral.
To start referring your friends, just visit the Amazon Prime Referral Program Page and log in to your Amazon.com account.
Amazon Prime Referral Program Details
For you to receive a $5 Prime referral credit for inviting a new Amazon Prime member:
- You must have a valid customer account on the Amazon.com website.
- The customer that you refer must click on your link and complete the Amazon Prime sign-up process and be accepted into the Amazon Prime program.
- The customer that you refer must make a minimum $5 purchase after joining Amazon Prime.
- The referred customer who registered the new account must be a new Amazon Prime member and not an existing or returning member of Amazon Student, Amazon Mom, or Amazon Prime.
- You are not eligible to receive referral credits if you are a resident of any of the following states: Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, or Rhode Island.
You will receive a referral credit in your Amazon account 7 days or more after a new Amazon Prime member who you referred completes the sign-up process.
The $5 referral credit will be valid for 1 year from the date it appears in your account.
Each referral credit can be redeemed only on items sold by Amazon on the Amazon.com website.
You may not use referral credits to buy gift cards or to pay shipping, handling, taxes, or any other applicable transaction costs.
Unfortunately, new Amazon Prime members do not get any type of special incentive or discount for joining Prime through another Amazon member’s referral.
However, this is still a nice program for current Amazon customers to earn an extra $5 credit for getting your friends to sign up for Amazon Prime.
If you are already a Prime member, you can also Share Amazon Prime Benefits with your friends and family for free.
If you are not a Prime member already, then you can also try a Free Amazon Prime Trial Membership for 30 days before you decide to join and pay the $99 annual membership fee.
Participate in the Amazon Prime referral bonus program to earn a $5 credit for referring your friends to join Prime.