Uber Local Offers is a new way for Uber riders to earn free rides by spending money at nearby restaurants, shops, and local businesses with the Visa credit card on your Uber account.
Local Offers is currently only available to Uber riders in San Francisco and Los Angeles, but it will hopefully be rolled out to additional cities soon.
You’ll need the latest version of the Uber app and a Visa credit card in order to participate.
If you’re new to Uber, you can also Get Your First Uber Ride Free when you enter another user’s referral code.
How To Get Free Rides with Uber Local Offers
1. You must add a Visa credit card to your Uber payment option in order to earn rewards.
2. Log in to the Uber app and click on the “Local Offers” option under the Menu (only available to riders in San Francisco and Los Angeles).
3. Enroll in the local restaurants, shops, and businesses where you want to spend.
4. Earn 1 Uber point for every $1 that you spend at participating merchants for which you enrolled.
5. For every 100 points that you earn, you’ll receive a free Uber ride for up to $10.
Uber Local Offers is extremely easy to use, as there are no codes or coupons needed to participate.
You simply swipe the same Visa credit card at the merchant that is registered as a payment option in your Uber app.
As soon as you use your Visa credit card at a participating merchant, you will see your Uber points posted in the Uber app.
You can then track your progress in the Uber app toward earning free rides.
If you are already using Uber to explore your city, then you should definitely check out Uber Local Offers to earn points toward free rides when you spend at participating merchants that you plan to visit.
You may also wish to check out Uber Payment Rewards to earn free rides when you pay for your Uber rides with select payment methods.